Thursday, August 18, 2005

Puppies are born blind, aren't they?

First post, so I'll keep it short.

I'm new to these digs, and my eyes have yet to open. It's not that I don't feel at home writing the words, per se; but the idea of creating an online forum for myself . . . well, it's terribly exciting, to be sure. Exciting and nerve-wracking (what does that mean, anyway? what means the infinitive "to wrack"?). Still, I'd best stick with exciting.

What was I saying? Oh, yes--tangents and digressions. Or that's where I would have arrived (eventually). So my guess is that you'll see a good portion of this space taken up with movie and music reviews, some fawning tributes to French actresses and people with tattoos, musings on my marriage and some occasional navel gazing. I may digress into politics or fashion . . . restaurant reviews, if I have way too much time on my hands. Those of you who can't possibly abide such nonsense need not visit. Those who can abide it in moderation ought to visit when you feel like it. I'll try to make you feel welcome if you don't burn things in my yard.

In any case, thelyamhound likes the smell of this place, and is inclined to curl up on this abandoned porch and nap 'til it's time to howl at the moon . . .

4 Comments:

Blogger Missuz J said...

wrack (verb/transitive) to cause the ruin of.

The blog can be "wracking." It has "wracked" my world more than once.

Welcome, welcome, welcome. I'm glad you're here!

5:31 PM  
Blogger thelyamhound said...

Glad to see you visiting. How goes?

6:18 PM  
Blogger amandak said...

Yay for Lyamhound!! I'm so glad you're here! Totally unexpected, which in retrospect seems silly, why wouldn't I expect it? We need more dudes around here.

Too late, sounding silly, must sleep now.

p.s. just sent victor home. much reminiscing about the good ole days. Aahhh, those good old days....

11:02 PM  
Blogger thelyamhound said...

Glad you caught my scent, amandak. You should take a look at my "new" posts (new for here, even if they're reposts from another site). I'm anxious to play with some feedback from people who aren't directly competing with me.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home