Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Ass Mints

I like mints. A lot. Tiny little lozenges that freshen the breath, making every exhale into a little gust of wintergreen.

My question: Can they make ass mints? Anti-gas medications tend to mess with the system, so I need something a little more elemental in its approach. I need a tasty mint I can pop in my mouth and ensure that my intestinal gas smells like green tea, or a pine forest.

I'm just sayin' . . .

In other news, Robert A. Moog (1934-2005) died Sunday of a brain tumor at his home in Asheville, N. C. Robert Moog, for all intents and purposes, is the engineer credited with inventing the music synthesizer, and was one of the first to commercially market synthesizers to musicians. You've heard Moog synthesizers in songs by the Beatles (the Moog was featured prominently on Abbey Road), Manfred Mann, Yes, Pink Floyd, Emerson Lake & Palmer . . . Early albums by The Rentals, a side-project by one of the members of Weezer, functioned almost exclusively on Moog synthesizers. Artists who patronized his instrument sales and repair business include Trent Reznor and members of Sonic Youth. R.I.P. to a great innovator.

7 Comments:

Blogger Stine said...

Maybe ass mints will be the way that we make our millions.

10:36 AM  
Blogger Stine said...

PS - RIP Mr. Moog.

10:37 AM  
Blogger the beige one said...

Holy crap! Adieu, Mr. Moog!

4:25 PM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Kathryn said...

The Moog death made me rather sad yesterday. He built one of the very early synths for the experamental music department (CEMI) at the University of North Texas which my grandfather founded, and since my grandfather died before I can remember him, the two were always intertwined in my head.

9:00 AM  
Blogger amandak said...

Funny, I totally thought of you today as I was popping a mint on my way to pick up Madeline from school. I was remembering how last time I was there, every time I offered you a mint, you very politely asked if you could have two. I was wishing you were here to have as many of my mints as your heart desires. I also dreamed about you last night. You were making caramel covered apples to take to a concert at a football game. Weird, I know, but it was nice to see you on any psychic level.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Davide said...

rip

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home