Monday, October 17, 2005

Surprise, surprise . . .

This test was hard, because I'm sometimes too cerebral to function as a practicing artist, yet too intellectually lazy to operate successfully as a philosopher or a scholar. So erring on one side of the intrinsic debate within the questions on this test . . .

You Should Get a PhD in Liberal Arts (like political science, literature, or philosophy)

You're a great thinker and a true philosopher.
You'd make a talented professor or writer.
What Advanced Degree Should You Get?


Of course, the Gemini in me had to take the test twice (in classes, I was known to both put a new spin on ideas AND argue with the professor; I'd like to express myself AND spend more time thinking than working; I like to challenge myself with new ideas AND express those I already hold), so here's the second version:


You Should Get a MFA (Masters of Fine Arts)

You're a blooming artistic talent, even if you aren't quite convinced.
You'd make an incredible artist, photographer, or film maker.



It seems there must be some way to practice somewhere in between, to be both a practitioner and a theoretician. Of course, it may seem that way because I'd like it to be so.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stine said...

Fookin' Geminis.

Check your email.

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Mount Pleasant Upholstery said...

Great reeading your blog

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home