Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Elementally Yours

Your Element is Fire

Your power color: red

Your energy: hot

Your season: spring

Like a fire, you are full of power and light.
A born leader, you easily draw people toward you.
You are full of courage and usually up for anything dangerous.
You have a huge ego and love to be the center of attention.


A born leader? Who'd be fool enough to follow me? Anyway, I'm not surprised: I've been seeing a five element acupuncturist for about a year, and we tend to deal with fire issues for the most part (with frequent wood and occasional water issues for . . . well, a lot of smoke).

As usual, I was torn on the questions; but the brevity and specificity of the questions seemed to speak to the notion of where you are right now, so I'm gonna leave it (especially since it coincides with what my acupuncturist tells me).

(Full disclosure: I went back and took the test again, changing the answers on any questions that had me wavering, after I just said I wasn't gonna do that . . . and I'm still fire. How about them apples?)

Incedentally, my element as a Gemini is air; having been born in the year of the rat, my element is water. In addition, different years have different elements on the Chinese zodiac aside from the sign attached to said year; but the year of my birth, 1972, was a water year in itself. So I'm a double water on the Chinese zodiac. Hmmm . . .

6 Comments:

Blogger Stine said...

I forgot, did V ask you questions to figure out your elements or did she actually poke you with the needles to find out?

12:17 PM  
Blogger thelyamhound said...

Both, actually. I think she actually takes more cue from what I talk about, and how I talk about it, in discerning where my issues lie. And my issues on any given visit can deal with other elements--I have a lot of water issues (which deal with the ability to function on a daily basis and accomplish mundane tasks, as well as processing/filtration), and even more in the way of wood issues (which deal with belief, dogma, moral direction, rigidity).

In any case, what I tell her will generally determine what she thinks she needs to deal with. But then she always checks my pulses, which can either confirm or contradict the "source" or "symptom" as we understood it from the discussion. She also says you can determine elemental concerns from scent, general demeanor, etc. I imagine she's checking for things when I don't know she's checking . . . which is good, given my penchant for evasiveness and tangential thinking.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Stine said...

"...which is good, given my penchant for evasiveness and tangential thinking."

- Yes (insert coy smile here), given that.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Missuz J said...

Hey--I've been enjoying your test results--but would I be way out of line if I say that I've been missing your regular, thought provoking, observations on life, the universe, and everything?

:)

9:19 AM  
Blogger thelyamhound said...

No, not out of line. Fair enough. I've just been . . . a little despondent and nihilistic, recently; and trying to translate that into either interesting writing or useful discourse can be a little shaky when I'm too deep in the throes. The tests that Christine finds manage, at least, to stimulate some speculation on the makeup of my personality and the issues behind what I'm currently struggling with.

That said, I should have something soon.

2:04 PM  
Blogger amandak said...

I'm with Becky. And, personally speaking, I don't demand either interesting writing or useful discourse (although both are enjoyable when they occur), I just like a little taste of Lyam, even if it is despondent or nihilistic.

I also greatly enjoyed chatting with you on the phone the other day, and am looking forward hanging out with you in a few weeks. Mr. Man can worry about his own damn self, I need me some Lyam and Stine!!!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home