Saturday, May 06, 2006

Because I've Got Too Much/Too Little On My Mind . . .

I'll just give you a taste of the what's been rattling around in my head with regards to new music.

'Stine and I have been talking, with more and more seriousness, about trying to make music together. I think these guys would give us a great window for exploring some good, hard keyboard noise (she really liked the track, and my goal is to find something that's pretty and transcendent, but as hard, dark and monolithic as a mountain of onyx).

I'm debating as to whether or not I'd like to pursue at least a little musical instruction within the next few months. It'd be nice to get some refresher on technique as regards the alto sax and flute, but it's not like I can't play. I might get more mileage out of simply playing at whatever level I can, and allowing techique
to grow from practice. As a student of post-punk, I'm always intrigued by the idea of "incorrect" technique creating a whole new set of rules for relating to the instrument. I'll have to give this a little more thought . . .

While I'm thinking of it, does anyone in the Seattle area know if there are classes in Butoh around? I'm having no luck on Google . . .

Anyway, that's all I've got today. A few crumbs . . .

3 Comments:

Blogger rob said...

I think you guys should start a band and call yourselves Kill Whitey.

http://fremontartscouncil.org/2006parade/classes.html

http://www.carloye.net/dancedesc.htm#butoh

http://www.seattledancenet.org/WebCalendar/month.php?cat_id=3

2:00 PM  
Blogger thelyamhound said...

Thanks for the leads, dude. I'll look into it. Might be an interesting change of pace from all-martial-arts-all-the-time (though, God help me, I'll miss the violence).

2:02 PM  
Blogger Stine said...

That's fucking funny Rob.

8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home